So my super awesome friend ( and co-SherlockeDCC host) Megan runs The Nerdy Girlie, and a number of weeks ago she started 5 Fandom Friday, where geek blogs all over would post weekly about a pre-determined topic and share their thoughts on said topic. It’s a great idea and I’ve been meaning to jump on board for awhile, but I’ve finally gotten my act together! Call it the holiday spirit ;)
So! This week is all about what nerdy Christmas gifts we want and here are my deepest geekiest desires this holiday season. My mom just bought a house, so Christmas this year is a bit different (we’re doing a family Secret Santa), so none of this is going to happen, but it’s still fun to “window shop” as it were.
1. Hey Buddy tote bag (RedBubble). God I love tote bags. My friend Cara McGee has created an entire line of dumb sharks and they’re just hilarious. I really do need to pick one of these up!
2. ALL THE DRAGON AGE BOOKS (Amazon)! I picked up the Dragon Age Inquisition art book and it’s GORGEOUS. It’s just phenomenal to look at the depth of detail BioWare put into the world building and careful considerations of every single character. I am a recent and hard-hit Dragon Age convert and I tend to submerse myself in new found obsessions. Bring it on.
3. TARDIS bathrobe (ThinkGeek). Because who DOESN’T want to travel all of time in space in a fuzzy bathrobe? Sadly it doesn’t come with a Peter Capaldi.
4. Wake Up Light Alarm Clock (Philips). I live in the basement where it is dark and cozy and no matter what I do, my phone’s multiple alarms just aren’t getting me out of bed. The bright light suddenly blinds me and I cocoon back up. I’ve heard a lot of great things about these natural light alarm clock that gradually lighten up the room to wake you up easier. I think it’d really work for me and for the other night owls out there.
5. Canon EOS Rebel T3i DSLR (Canon) Ah. The biggie. I could be even more ridiculous and ask for the $1500 model, but let’s be a LITTLE realistic, eh? My manual SLR was stole a few years ago when my flat was broken into and ever since I’ve been without a real camera. I’ve got a point and shoot, but it’s from my time in Japan (five years ago now) and the focus has been gone for about a year and it doesn’t really… work. I love the Canon line of cameras and my SLR was an EOS Rebel. Some form of DSLR has been on my wishlist for years. One day.
Well, that’s my list for today! You can read Megan’s here and learn all about 5 Fandom Friday! Join on in! What’s your nerdy Christmas list?